Home » » Checking out HSPA+ networks in Hong Kong

Checking out HSPA+ networks in Hong Kong


We’re spending a night here in Hong Kong and on our way to China to visit the manufacturing plants of GE/Agfa tomorrow. So instead of getting hotel WiFi, I also bought a prepaid SIM card and paired it with the ZTE MF60 just to check how’s the HSPA+ networks are like around here.
For lack of prior research, I got the PCCW card from the nearest 7-11 store here.
After plugging it to the pocket WiFi, it immediately added the correct APN settings and detected an HSPA+ signal.
Here’s what I got from SpeedTest.net:
Not bad at all. The upload speeds are impressive as well. I remember my SmartBro Rocket tests also got me to the same burst speeds but it was during off-peak hours. This one is during peak hours.
The rates are pretty expensive though — something like $HK3 per 1MB (Php15/MB) if I read it right. Still researching which daily data plan and telco is better.
Share this article :

Comments Powered By: Disqus
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. PctechPortal - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger